Welcome to the podcast!
While I’m catching up with existing content, here’s a separate feed of posts that have podcast episodes associated with them. There will be an embedded Spotify link at the top of each post where you can listen to the episode, or you can visit Anchor to find ways to access the podcast on your favorite platform.
Note: If the embedded Spotify link is only offering the preview, try refreshing the page. It should pull up the full episode without needing to leave the site 🙂
Thanks for your patience while I catch up, and thank you for listening!
- Marketing Your Book: Building An Author PlatformThis post is now a podcast episode! You can learn more about the podcast in this post. I’m sure you’ve heard the term “author platform” thrown around, but what does it actually mean? Here’s my understanding, according to personal experience and classes I took in college while working towards myContinue reading “Marketing Your Book: Building An Author Platform”
- Arcs vs. Tropes vs. MotifsThis post is now a podcast episode! You can learn more about the podcast in this post. I’m sure you’ve heard the words “arc” and “trope” and “motif” thrown around, but… what do they mean? What’s the difference? Is there a difference? Yes there is, which is why I decidedContinue reading “Arcs vs. Tropes vs. Motifs”
- The Basics of A StoryThis post is also a podcast episode! To learn more about the podcast you can visit this post. All stories can be broken into pieces and most of them follow familiar patterns. Here are the six most common structural elements of stories, and how you can use them for theContinue reading “The Basics of A Story”
- Storytelling: Romance vs. EroticaThis post is now a podcast episode! You can learn more about the podcast in this post. Romance is a popular genre but it’s often confused with erotica, so what’s the difference? Basically it’s all about the focus of the plot, which is why this is a perfect post toContinue reading “Storytelling: Romance vs. Erotica”
- Marketing Your Book: The Importance of Social MediaThis post is now a podcast episode! You can visit this post to learn more about the podcast! When I first learned about author platforms, I was dismayed to discover that social media is an essential part of building an author brand. The majority of my experience with social mediaContinue reading “Marketing Your Book: The Importance of Social Media”